Monday, September 19, 2011

Ensembles x Religioso

One thing that I did not like about the corporate world is the clothes you get you wear.

The thought of being required to wear the clothes they had to wear frightened me which is probably one of the many reasons why I opted to go to an arts school for college.

But when I saw these...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I was floored.

What job will I have to go into to be able to wear these outfits?

These pieces are what came out of the Ensembles and Religioso collaboration.

Sisters Yvette Religioso-Ilagan and Choc Religioso-Dayrit recently celebrated their 4th year anniversary in the fashion design industry. They started by doing weddings in 2005 and later on started their own clothing brand and finally opened its flagship store in 2006. Religioso, their main women’s line, embodies the stylish empowered woman of the new millennium, inspired by the genteel well-dressed women of the past. This makes Ensembles and Religioso a perfect tandem: FEMALE, FLATTERING, EMPOWERING and TIMELESS.

This definitely defies my preconceived notion of what the corporate employees put on before leaving for work.

It definitely injects some color and fun and unexpected twists to the otherwise bland work area.

But if you are like me and you still depend on your parents for your allowance, and have yet to receive your first paycheck, you can still be "female, flattering, empowering and timeless" by simply mixing and matching the pieces.

This collection is definitely something you should check out.

Now, the blog post is done, go scroll back up and ogle at the pictures some more.

Hope you like!


QUESTION OF THE DAY:
Which one's your favorite outfit?

2 comments:

Mar said...

Loving the the Ensembles collection! I can understand you Mitch, I can't wait to finally earn for a living to be able to shop 'til I drop (JK), but yeah, just thinking about it makes me feel good, hahaha! Thanks for sharing this! - Mar
-Not Your Ordinary Beauty Queen-
Don't miss: Three H&M Leather Bands Giveaway, 3 Winners too!

Beige Renegade said...

Don't let the corporate stereotype get you down!! Dressing for work is a new frontier! I think a toned down version of all of these could be worn to work. I dress like this to the office http://www.closetvoyage.com/2011/08/work-wear-loving-my-curtain-dress.html

btw I love this: "you can still be "female, flattering, empowering and timeless" by simply mixing and matching the pieces" :)

www.closetvoyage.com