Monday, May 23, 2011

Suitcase Stories: Taiwan (First Night)

Hello guys!!

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday but I was really really tired so, I went to sleep immediately after getting home. Flying really does take a toll on you.

Anyways, I'm back!

Hihi!

I can't post a haul on stuff that I got yet cause my little camera broke. :'( I have to figure out how and where to get it fixed or if it's still worth it to get it fixed at all.

So, while I figure that out, I'll just post pictures from my travels in this series!

First of all, I'll tell you guys about this vacation. It's a month long getaway for the family. We went to Taiwan, San Francisco, San Jose, Monterey, Los Angeles, Arizona, Las Vegas, Seattle, Canada and Alaska. We stayed for days in some places and just a few hours on the other places.

This first entry is about the first night we had in Taiwan.
This was what our hotel looked like. We stayed at the Taipei International Hotel which was pretty decent.

Squeezing four people in a room (which we had to do 'cause there was eight of us with two rooms) did not make the stay uncomfortable.

The hotel also had free wifi which did not hurt at all.

This is what it looks like inside. It does give a very oriental Asian feeling because of the colors.

They had a really cool little fountain/waterfall thing in the lobby.

And this is what our suitcases looked like. A lot, huh? This was a BIG recurring problem throughout the trip. Lugging all of these around.

Anywho, we didn't really do much during the first night. We just walked around.

Here's what the streets look like at night. Pretty.

We ate dinner at a little side-street restaurant. The menu was in Chinese which made it hard to figure out what to order. I ended up getting this thing which I have no idea what was in it.

If you know me at all, I self-diagnosed myself as being allergic to vegetables so, this was really hard to swallow, literally.

Then we went off to the Sun Yat Sen Memorial and Taipei 101.

This was what Taipei 101 looked on the outside at night. Four of us went to the top and it wasn't that great. I mean it did give you a great panoramic (?) view of Taipei but that was about it. Maybe it's better during the day, I don't know.

These photos were from the Sun Yat Sen Memorial. Again, could have been better during the day.

Anyways, the first night was awesome. It was colder than we expected it to be. We came in wearing shorts and t-shirts and everyone literally was staring at us cause they were all in boots and jackets.

Anyways, that's about it!

Oh and before I forget,
Look at this cool thing we saw at the airport! If you forget your glasses you can actually use the public use glasses they have placed around the airport!

Anyways, look forward to more of these kinds of posts until I figure my camera out.

Missed you guys!




12 comments:

Hazel said...

mitch!! nice photos!! looking forward to more post about your trip :D and too bad your cam got broken! is that the slr? :O

Michelle said...

No, no! It's my other camera. The old one! :)

AVA TE-ZABAT♥ said...

oh wow! you went to taiwan too! awesome. Isn't the MRT ticket just awesome?:)

Michelle said...

:O You were there too? Cool!!! And yeah, I wish we had those here too!

Aya said...

You're baaaack, yey :D Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip :)

Michelle said...

Yayy! :) I'm excited to share with you guys too! :)

DeBi said...

wow, nice trip. hoping to hear more of it.

Michelle said...

You will! Thanks for reading! :D

admin said...

Welcome back! Looks like you had a blast... looking forward to more vacation posts :)

Kristie said...

Hope it was a fun trip. Your bowl of food looks like some wonton soup dish. Haha, and the glasses are cute.

Sloperation said...

Love this post! I hope our schedules sleep over pulls through so that we can all make kwento! :)

Michelle said...

@voodoo girl: looking forward to sharing more of my vacation with you guys! :)

@kristie: oohhhh... That's probably what i ate. Haha. And aren't they? LOL

@slo: Yiiii!!!! Soooo excited about that!!!! can't wait to see you guys!!