Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Suitcase Stories: Taiwan (DanShui Walk)

Heeyy!

Here's photos from our second day in Taiwan.

We didn't really have anything planned. Everything that we had to do my mom just based on the National Geographic tour book thing of Taiwan.

First we went to the old British Consulate. It was pretty cool. The place was beautiful.


The garden surrounding the building was so pretty and lush.


I love the intricacies of the furniture inside. Very old-time-y.


Here's the (wet?) kitchen.


Here's the dining room.


It was sooooo sunny and hot that I shed my jacket and broke out the sun glasses.


This is the Alatheia University. I love the facade of the building!


Here's the walk we had to take. Yes, uphill.


At the backyard of the university, there were TONS of pigeons! It was so cool!

Here's "Oxford University". I don't know if it used to be an actual university or whatever but it was just this small little building behind the Alatheia University.

Look forward to more of these!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back pretty girl :)

i love this photo (the one before the pigeons photo). did you take this? i love the vanishing angle. its an amazing shot :)

Michelle said...

Yes, I took that photo. I'm OBSESSED with taking shots that emphasize perspective. (?) I don't know if that's what you call it.

Thanks Reina!! :D

WICKERMOSS said...

i liked the kitchen mitch! nostalgia!!:))

Michelle said...

LOL! Cute, right? Very old school! :)

DeBi said...

ang ganda.. :)

Michelle said...

Thanks Debi!! :D

sugar sugar said...

more pictures please! everything looks so nice & pretty. :)

Michelle said...

Of course! :) I'll be posting every other day for you guys! :)

Hazel said...

love the photos mitch!! i love the furniture in the living room :D

Hazel said...

love the photos mitch!! i love the furniture in the living room :D

Donna said...

ooo i love the pictures! thats awesome how you went to taiwan.. mustve been so beautiful

Anonymous said...

Amazing photos! Do you have any sort of Taiwanese background? Cause I'm Taiwanese. ;D Although I've only been there 3 times or so.

Yes, looking forward to more!

Hollie said...

wow awesome photos!

Aya said...

The British Consulate reminds me of Rizal Shrine. Hehehe

fashioneggpplant said...

i wanna live in the british consulate!!! :)

ps. Having a Satchel Clutch etc giveaway, you might want to check it out.

Michelle said...

@Hazel: They're sooo pretty!!! :)

@Donna: It was. I loooove the place!

@Tiffo: I'm not Taiwanese. I am Chinese though. :)

@Hollie: Thanks dear. :)

@Aya: LOL! Didn't make that connection!

@fashioneggplant: I knooooow!! And I joined already! :D